Here at Ritron, we’re proud of the diversity of our product line. We make both land mobile voice radio (LMR) systems as well as DTX data radio systems - and the railroad industry is one that uses many different types of radios! Without radio, trains couldn’t operate safely. Simply put, Ritron helps move trains.
Here are some reasons to look into Ritron products for your railroad’s radio communication needs:
- Safety and Efficiency: Voice transmission is important for safety and efficiency in the railroad industry. Products such as the NXR Locomotive Voice Radio allow for clear and safe voice communication.
- Regulatory Compliance: Our locomotive “clean cab radios” help customers comply with FCC regulations regarding narrowband radio communications and the analog model can be upgraded to very narrowband NXDN digital, the digital technology accepted by all Class 1 freight railroads.
- Cost-effective: Ritron radio products are built to last. Customers don’t have to replace them to meet new standards, saving them thousands of dollars.
- Innovative DTX applications: DTX data radio systems transmit wayside defect information and critical information in train telemetry systems. These systems provide enhanced worker safety and efficiency.
- Stay safe at a distance: Our 2-way portable radios, desktop wireless intercom/base and the Loudmouth Wireless PA allow for safe, efficient communication in the workplace.
- Made in America: When you buy Ritron, you support American-made products and American jobs. We’re grateful for the thousands of loyal customers that have generated hundreds of American jobs over the 40+ years we’ve been in operation.
All seven Class 1 freight railroads, over 200 regional and shortline railroads and most major transit railroads including Amtrak, METRA, CalTrain and VIARAIL Canada use Ritron radio products. We’re always open to conversations about new radio needs. Several of our radio solutions are flexible and adaptable to other uses. How can we adapt our successes in the railroad industry to your communication needs?
Give us a call to brainstorm today!
Share this content via: