Founded in 1977, Ritron, Inc. designs, engineers, and manufactures Land Mobile Radio products for a wide variety of markets, industries, and applications. Ritron is a Made In America manufacturer with a go-to-market strategy that includes Resellers, Distributors, OEM, and End Users primarily in North America with additional worldwide accounts. Based in Carmel, IN, Ritron is a privately held company with a diverse and loyal workforce.
Ritron, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scroll down for position descriptions
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT / HR COORDINATOR
Job Purpose: Duties include providing direct support to Accounting and Human Resource Department as well direct support of Accounts Receivable Manager, including benefits administration, accounting and month-end close processes, payroll entry (backup), general hiring and onboarding, answering phones, filing, order entry, collections, invoicing, deposits, and any other tasks as needed.
The Senior Accountant will assist the Accounting Manager in the bi-weekly payroll process, monthly and annual Financial Statement Preparation and Analysis. The duties will also include monthly commissions tracking and corporate credit card administration and accounting.
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for implementing, monitoring and maintaining HR policies and programs, including assisting with departments staffing and recruiting levels, organizational development, benefits administration, FMLA, COBRA, or other employee programs.
This position will also assist the A/R manager with daily invoicing, collections and shipping tasks. This requires maintaining updates within the Plex Price Book and maintenance of the company price catalogs each year.
- Assist with the Month End Closing and Financial Statements preparation and analysis.
- Coordinate with direct supervisor to review, evaluate, organize and develop appropriate measures to complete HR tasks.
- Develop and maintain an application process including but not limited to interviewing - testing - orientation - new hire processing - background checks.
- Develop and maintain a current Orientation Packet and outline.
- Ensure that employee files are maintained within current HR guidelines, to include items such as - I-9 information and other documentation to determine compliance with state and federal laws.
- Maintain EEOC records
- Maintain COBRA records
- Monitor FMLA issues.
- Coordinate with direct supervisor to administer corporate benefits programs.
- Assist daily with shipping functions and invoicing
- Back up for accounts receivable and credit assessment
- Back up for payroll entry and ADP administration
- Other projects, as needed
- Accounting Degree with minimum 2-5 years of experience
- A.S. in Human Resource related studies or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Ability to safeguard confidential data.
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Ability to keep the company’s best interests in mind at all times.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Email resume to: email@example.com or mail to Ritron Human Resources at 505 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel IN 46032
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Who We Want:
Ritron is looking for an individual who has experience selling two-way radio (LMR) products and systems. Must be self-motivated, persistent, determined, goal-oriented, and adaptable. Today’s selling environment requires the ability to prospect and sell: over the phone, virtually on video conferencing, and in-person. Experience in sales is preferred, but not essential for a candidate with a working knowledge of RF.
The Sales Account Manager responsibilities include: prospecting for new accounts within a defined Region or Market while nurturing and growing reoccurring sales in existing accounts by developing relationships with Dealer and Distributor Sales Reps to keep Ritron a “top of mind” option for their end-user customers.
- Develop new business within an assigned region by calling prospective two-way radio resellers and distributors on the phone and presenting Ritron products as an offering for their customers.
- Grow existing customer base sales through a greater understanding of Ritron products and where they apply in the market and developing a consistent awareness of Ritron for each customer in the Region.
- Meet sales goals and objectives.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Ritron products, their features, capabilities, and utilization.
- Provide solution based consultation and recommendations to match customer needs to Ritron products.
- Train new clients and their new sales reps on Ritron products and where they fit in the market.
- Execute the Sales and Marketing strategy and process to convert leads into sales.
- Keep accurate records of prospects and customers through a CRM and ERP system.
- Contribute product and industry information and ideas to the Sales Team and other company departments.
- Stay curious about customers, applications, opportunities, new technology, and current events.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 + years of sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills for in-person and virtual presentations, phone conversations, and digital correspondence.
- Ability to connect with people in person, on the phone, and virtually to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Strong desire to achieve, grow, and contribute.
- Some travel will be required throughout assigned territory with additional Trade Show and Exhibits.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Ritron Human Resources at 505 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel IN 46032
Digital hardware / firmware ENGINEER
Looking for a motivated individual contributor of various experience levels in the design and development of digital hardware, microcontrollers, and embedded firmware to support Ritron's wireless products. Should have coursework emphasis and hands-on experience with digital electronics, microcontroller/microprocessor circuitry and embedded firmware development. The person will report to the Chief Engineer.
- Will work with the RF and project engineers to develop digital hardware, including microcontrollers.
- Will write the firmware that will be embedded in microcontrollers.
- Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
- Analyze and provide feedback on peer designs in an open and collaborative design review forum.
- With experience, actively participate on, and at times lead, cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
- Evaluate, test, and review designs to determine if a program will perform according to requirements and specifications.
Requirements for the Job:
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, purchasing team, and work with vendors and contractors.
- Hands-on experience with digital hardware including microcontrollers, interface circuitry, etc.
- Experience with processor assembly level and C language development including tools used to edit, compile/assemble and debug code in embedded environment.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization, especially with peers and other team members.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects.
- Prior design engineering experience with an emphasis on wireless designs.
- Experience with and knowledge of FPGAs and DSP devices.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or suitable equivalent experience and expertise.
Email resume to: email@example.com or mail to Ritron Human Resources at 505 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel IN 46032
Education and Experience:
- Intermediate Level - Bachelor Degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Senior Level - Bachelor's Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming. Technology Database management system software.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Creates and produces software operating or applications systems.
- Provides analysis related to software design and development, and solves problems.
- Formulates operating system advancements and performs improvements.
- Evaluates impact of hardware on software performance, and recommends changes to hardware designers.
Senior Level - Creates and produces software operating or applications systems that are more complicated.
- Provides analysis related to software design and development and solves problems.
- Formulates operating systems advancements, and performs improvements.
- Evaluates the impact of hardware on software performance, and recommends changes to hardware designers.
- May lead less senior Software Engineers.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Programming - Writing computer programs.
- Technology Design - Generate or adapt equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Troubleshooting - Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Resource Management Skills
- Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, analyze, review, programs and user manuals, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions and detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Ritron Human Resources at 505 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel IN 46032
RF Design Engineer
Looking for an experienced hands-on individual contributor in the design and development of wireless products, RF circuits and signal processing components for conventional and software-defined radio products. Should be experienced with PCBA development and troubleshooting and in resolving product design issues during the entire RF product lifecycle. Reports to the Chief Engineer.
- Design circuits and radio subsystems to meet product specifications and best practices
- Specifies components for BOM, creates detailed circuit schematics and other design documents
- Design for FCC compliance and EMI mitigation and adheres to applicable industry standards
- Provides technical collaboration with other engineers as needed
- Conducts or directs lab testing using oscilloscopes, data analyzers, VSGs, VSAs, and VNAs
- Tracks multiple tasks and projects. Identifies and reports obstacles
- Supports needs of manufacturing, test, and marketing departments throughout product lifecycle
- Supports FCC Certification and compliance working with third-party test and certification services
Requirements for the Job
- Able to design analog and RF circuits from baseband to 1GHz
- Able to design to applicable electrical and environmental standards
- Knowledgeable in Communications theory and modulation systems
- Experience with common RF design elements such as impedance matching networks, tuned circuits, lumped filters, micro strip and strip line circuits and RF power transistor matching networks
- Competence using RF lab testing and troubleshooting techniques and tools including oscilloscopes, VSGs, VSAs, and VNAs
- Time management and organizational skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and adapt to occasional difficult working conditions
- Likes to work in a team environment and tolerates occasional travel
- Designs FPGA firmware using VHDL and/or Verilog and writes microcontroller and DSP code using C/C++ and assembly language. Familiarity with digital logic and microcontrollers
- Grasp of networking basics and familiarity with 802.11, GPS, Ethernet
- US, Canadian, and ETSI certification experience and working knowledge of FCC Parts 2, 15 and 90
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s preferred.
- Track record in radio (RF) product development and manufacturing
- At least 4 years of experience in RF communications product design
Send resume to: email@example.com or mail to Ritron Human Resources at 505 W. Carmel Drive, Carmel IN 46032